Shorties...

    Monday, January 14, 2008

    #81
    Meerkat Manor

    Earlier this year I got the chance to partly follow the show "Meerkat Manor" on Animal Planet. Every morning while having my coffee I used to turn on the TV and watch the incredible life of those little creatures. It was indeed fascinating and one could easily sink into the story and of those animals. They all have their names and drama and happy moments and it was just the best reality show ever. I used to get up eager to see what will happen next. One day they just decided to change the screening time, so I couldn't see the whole series. I was sad then, but I am even sadder now. I never thought that one little animal which can easily fit in my hand and whose life I got to know a little over a few episodes on TV could make me cry. Well, it did! I watched the show at the beginning of 2007. Today I read that Animal Planet are making a new show about Lemur cattas or something and at the end of the article they said that my cute little meerkat, called Flower, had died bitten by a snake in a fight to defend her children. I don't know, it is so touching. I know I am crazy for crying over this animal, but I just can't help it. I really want to watch all the episodes now, but I am afraid I will cry like a little baby when I actually see her die... and she was sweet and nice and strong and determined and a true leader, a true lady...


    12 comments:

    BJ said...

    Aww, they should write a musical about her...

    P. said...

    Well they made a separate film about her, as far as i know...

    Have anyone heard about blahblah.divx file? How do you open this one? (It is just season 1 and 2 of the Meerkat Manor can be found online but the file format confuses me... help?

    MKB said...

    DivX Player. It's free, lucky you. :)

    http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/

    I'd take the codex as well if I was you (it's included in the download package), but you don't need the rest. They won't work on your television though if you burn it to DVD or something like that.

    Singing meerkats... that's brilliant. The emotion during the final song-of-death... there won't be a dry eye in the house!!!

    P. said...

    Yeah yeah, both of you mock all you want. You know nothing! Musicals - shmusicals. My ass!

    MKB said...

    You asked a question and I answered... why do you say I know nothing? :P Besides, you mock me all the time for caring about television characters, this is my revenge, FINALLY!!! :D

    P. said...

    Television characters are not real! They don't exist in real life! There is no base for comparison here!

    MKB said...

    American Idol?! Idols?! Australian Idol?! THEY ARE REAL!!!

    P. said...

    DEATH - voting off a show?!?
    Gee, I wonder what is more important?!

    MKB said...

    I'm glad we can agree. :D

    P. said...

    It is not funny! I am not premenstrual or whatever, but this really touched me. And I really am fine if you mock ME, but you mock the animal and the show and yet I highly doubt that you've seen it!

    MKB said...

    Awwwww... I went on YouTube to see some clips from the show... how freaking cute are the little ones!!!! There's actually an entire tribute video for Flower!!! Awwww!

    I'm sorry.

    P. said...

    (})