Shorties...

    Monday, July 7, 2008

    #107 еЛ връзки or The L Word

    And I lived to see this happening.

    Yeah, I am very surprised to see that a Bulgarian television will offer to the Bulgarian audience a series that is THAT provocative. I may say this is one of my favourite series of all time. I wonder if all the fuss that was made about the 1st Gay Pride in Bulgaria, pushed the executives of FoxLife to make such a bold step. That is indeed a series that will not be taken nicely by most of the people. It is about lesbians and it is comedy and it is drama and it is breathtaking and the cast is amazing. I found out about this 4 years ago. Back then it was a true torture for me to get my hands on the episodes and I can say I got hooked up right away. Many people will say "Oh, gay content, but I am not gay to watch this, it is probably shit" and I can only reply to them ... "You are worng!". Give it a try, see a couple of episodes and then make conclusions and I have the full CD set (off course illegally downloaded) if you can't wait to see what will happen and how the story lines will turn out.

    The one thing I am afraid of is that it probably will be dubbed and then... some of the magic of the L word will be lost. I suppose, I have to wait and see...
    Meet me in front of the TV on 17 July at 22:00 tuned on to FoxLife and you wont regret it!

    Oh, by the way that is one of the worst possible translations of the title!!! Shame on you!!!

    3 comments:

    MKB said...

    Ohhhhhh congratulations! :D Soon there'll be a Bulgarian version of "Fuck you Ilene!" :P

    Really, this is great, I'm so happy for you Bulgarians. :)

    BJ said...

    Ehh, THAT provocative? Just because some people feel provoked, that doesn't mean they've been provoked. Get your head out of your asses!

    P. said...

    Hm, I think that you out of all people shouldn't be talking like this and go all cocky. You very well know how things are around here. And for this geographic area the series will seem provocative, even if it is highly normal.