Shorties...

    Wednesday, November 7, 2007

    #62
    PC piss on me!

    After 4 days of struggle, sweat and a lot, I repeat, a lot of swearing and annoyance I've come to the point where I've lost all my enthusiasm to fix my PC and aslo I've come to the conclusion that the problem is somewhere deep in the soul of one of my hard drives (of course the one that I have most valuable information on). I got so sick of the deep blue screen that appears whenever you install Windows(note: capital letter, Windows have my respect and have nothing to do with my problems) that if I have to see it again (which... I'll have to do at least 2(two) more times, if I am really lucky... that is) I will surely throw up! It is fun the first couple of times and when you reach to the point where you are dangerously close of a two digit number it becomes absurd!

    By default NTFS doesn't support DOS, but! if you hit the repair option on the Windows install disk you get into this lovely and oh so good DOS-like environment (DOS was fun, I miss DOS). It had a set of commands that can be executed, pretty much a castrated DOS. My utmost desire for the last 4 days have been to format my C: drive, fully, and not that shit quick format that it would only let me do... So imagine my happiness and surprise when I saw that the "Format" command was available... Format C:, under DOS-kind thing, soooo tempting. I jumped off the chair with excitement, a huge smile occured on my face... I didn't hesitate at all, format c:, are you sure?, of course I am sure, do it now, Y (Enter). 1,2,3...% Completed. YAY it is working. Done. Restart. BAM! The same system file corrupt error! WTF, I just whiped your ass, fucker. What files, what shit, you are deffinitely trying to get me into some mental institution, aren't you. Blue screen(another attempt for repair), C: ->6somethingMB(2somethingMB free), F:->14somethingMB(14somethingMB free) WTF!!! WTF!!! OK, so here I paniced big time. I typed format C:, fucker, F: is not C:!!! I then, prayed that F: is really F: and not E:, cause on E: I have some things that I have only there, please God, help me... Repair function, E:/> dir... Oh, thank God, it's all here, F: was indeed F: which I want to remind is not the fucking C:. I ran the CHKDSK which took like forever, well at least the first 4% took a lot and put me to sleep. When I woke up later, it had stopped at 28% with the lovely message which was something like "We've encountered a fatal error that can not be recovered, you are fucked, go fuck yourself, muahaha for wasting 4 days on me"

    Now I am doing a research on how much a new hard drive costs, which actually is not that much, but I so don't want to spend money for it...
    I really love my computer. I will do one last attemt tonight and then I'll have to install Windows on my flatmate's new laptop... oh, the jealousy :D

    2 comments:

    MKB said...

    I have absolutely no clue what any of the stuff in the second paragraph means, but for some reason, it really turned me on.

    Get a goddamn Mac.

    Мъник said...

    Пламко, мн ти са моля, увеличи го това м-е-ж-д-у-р-е-д-и-е. Умирам докато го прочета и най-накрая нищо не разбирам :( Ако не можеш аз ще го направя - няма проблеми - добавя се 1 ред код някъде в цеесеса