Shorties...

    Wednesday, October 24, 2007

    #57
    Annoyance

    I think that it is very good for one to love their country and be patriotic and all. But only to a certain extent. I love Bulgaria and I am proud of my language but I just don't understand some people... Yes, there is the freedom of speech, blah blah, one has the right to express their opinion and blah blah. I am annoyed.

    Today I had the luck to read a few blogs, that had some rules about commenting on them. The bloggers clearly stated that the certain blogs are written in Cyrillic only, unless impossible to use Cyrillic and will not tolerate comments by people who use Latin characters or "chat" characters. All comments that are not written in Cyrillic will be deleted, no matter how great of opinion they state. As a reason for this it was said that they manage the blogs, so they make the rules.

    Now I can understand their choice to write exclusively in Bulgarian with cyrillic characters, as I choose to write in rotten English :) (everybody has their own reasons for this and I respect it), but to forbid others to express themselves the way they want (if not offensive and rude, that is)... is just a big contradiction. You will ask how is this contradiction... well, those people also stated that they won't tolerate any form of racism, discrimination and so on. Well, excuse me, but you'll ignore my thoughts based on the fact that I use a different character set, if this is not discrimination I will smack myself. I wouldn't be so annoyed if they didn't break their own rules and I really respect the fact that it is indeed their own internet space, but come on!

    And for the record I want to say something, that might earn me some black points...
    I am a racist. Not always, sometimes only. I tend to generalize judging by single experience. But! I never keep my doors closed and less and less I judge people by the cover, because it is nasty and it is not right, and I try to change myself...

    2 comments:

    MKB said...

    I'm with you ALMOST all the way... it is ridiculous that you wouldn't be allowed to type in latin letters. Everyone can read it and it feels a bit "let's exclude the rest of the world"-ish. Not nice. :(

    However.

    I wOuLd dElEtE coMmENts LikE thIs, rEgArdLesS of ThIER leVEL of BRilliAncE.

    (sorry)

    And you're not a racist. Everybody makes mistakes. The racists are the ones that think their mistakes are right.

    P. said...

    Oh, you very well know that I've made some nasty racist comments of which I am not proud!